Today, we're sharing some changes to our platform that will make it easier to build bots that are valuable, powerful parts of your everyday work. These updates to our pricing model also allow us to be more transparent with how we charge for bots.
First off, let’s dive into what’s new:
- GPT-4 Integration: We're excited to bring GPT-4 into the Botpress studio. This means more power, efficiency, and creativity at your fingertips.
- No More Message Limits: We've removed the restriction on monthly messages, and replaced them with more intuitive quotas.
- Increased Workspace Limits: Now, you can expand Workspace limits on Table rows, storage, and bot invocations as and when you need to.
- Free Monthly AI Credit: Each month, you'll receive a credit towards AI-powered actions and tasks, giving you more freedom to experiment and innovate.
- Free Monthly Allowance for Invocations: This additional perk replaces your free monthly message allowance, and was designed for bots that do more than just talk.
What Does This Mean for You?
Workspaces that are newly created will automatically be enrolled in our new pricing model. Workspaces created before today will still be enrolled in our legacy pricing. We'll be reaching out to accounts with legacy workspaces in due course as you become eligible to upgrade to our new pricing model.
Why We're Making This Change
Based on a mountain of feedback from our community and customers, we recognized the need for a more flexible approach to Workspace limits. Some users wanted more Table rows, while others just needed their bot to send more messages. A typical, one-size-fits-all SaaS pricing model — one that charges you monthly for a bundle of options — just didn’t make sense for a lot of our users, who only needed additional quota for certain features.
We designed this new pricing model to grow with you. It allows you to scale up only when necessary, avoiding upfront costs and ensuring you pay only when you derive real value from your bot. This change is all about empowering you to build a bot that improves your work, personal project, or any of the other myriad reasons people build bots. Most importantly, we don’t think you should have to pay for a bot until it’s delivering some value to you.
How You Benefit
AI is now an integral part of the SaaS landscape. Every time your bot takes an action powered by AI, like retrieving information from a knowledge base, performing sentiment classification, or speaking with a custom personality, we pay a model provider like OpenAI. Traditional pricing models will pass that cost along to you, the end-user, along with, in many cases, a significant markup.
We’ve opted to go against the grain here. We’re confident that Botpress provides enough value on top of these models that you shouldn’t have to pay any additional markup. Our new pricing model ensures that what you pay for AI-powered actions is exactly what you would pay if you were billed directly by the provider. This approach sets us apart from most SaaS products with AI features.
There’s a lot more to explore with today’s update. You can experience these changes firsthand in the studio or learn more through our detailed guides and resources. Remember, you’re not just building bots with Botpress; you’re crafting the future of AI-powered interactions.