Monitoring is an essential part of any software deployment. Botpress includes, out of the box, a simple but intuitive dashboard designed to keep an eye on your servers. Key metrics are collected (like CPU and Memory usage), including a couple of botpress-related metrics.
Metric data is collected and stored using a Redis server.
This feature is only available to users of the Pro version.
- Botpress Pro must be enabled with a valid license key;
- Redis Server must be running (minimum: version 2.8).
- Open your
botpress.config.jsonfile and set
- Set an environment variable named
- Set another environment variable named
REDIS_URLwhich should point to your server (example provided below).
- Start your Botpress Server.
The default values should be good for most situations. They are described in details directly in the Botpress Config Definition
The environment variable
REDIS_URL must be constructed like this:
If you start it locally, this should do the trick:
These metrics are collected for every node of your Botpress Cluster.
- Average % of CPU usage
- Average % of Memory usage
- Number of HTTP requests processed
- Number of incoming events (when users sends messages to the bot)
- Number of outgoing events (anything the bot sends back to users)
- Number of warnings
- Number of errors
- Latency of HTTP requests