- Local deployment
- Botpress Cloud (beta)
An HTTPS Endpoint to your chatbot:
A smooch.io account (you will need a business email).
app.smooch.iohome page, click on Create new app.
Enter a name for your app and click Create App.
Connect a channel to your app (Telegram, Whatsapp, or any other listed channel).
You should see a channel in the Overview section of your app.
Go to the Settings section of your app.
At the bottom, you will find an API Keys menu. Create a new API key.
You will need the
id(the one that starts with app) and
secretkey to setup your bot.
messaging.channels.smoochsection write this configuration:
enabled: set to
keyId: paste the
idof your key from the
secret: paste the
secretof your key from the
bot.config.jsonshould look like this:
// ... other data
// ... other channels can also be configured here
- Restart Botpress and test if your chatbot has been successfully connected to your desired channel.
You will need a Smooch app with a channel configured before connecting Smooch to Botpress
- On the Smooch home page, click on Create new app.
- Enter a name for your app and click Create App
- Connect a channel to your app (Telegram, Whatsapp, or any other listed channel)
- You should see a channel in the Overview section of your app
The smooch channel needs the app id to identify the smooch app when making API calls
- Go to the Settings section of your app
- You should see an App Id section if you scroll down. Copy paste this value to the App Id channel configuration
Key Id and Key Secret
The key id and secret are needed to authenticate API calls to Smooch
- At the bottom of to the Settings section of your app, click Generate API key
- Copy paste the id (the one that starts with
app_) in the Key Id channel configuration
- Copy paste the secret in the Key Secret configuration
The webhook secret is needed to validate webhooks requests. You get a webhook secret for each webhook integration you create
- Go to the Integration section of your app
- In the API & Webhooks section, click on Webhooks
- Click Connect, then Create a webhook
- Copy paste the webhook url provided in the UI
v2as your webhook version
- Select Conversation message and Postbacks in the basic triggers
- Click Create Webhook. You will see the webhook you created in the table, and the secret in the last column
- Copy paste the webhook secret in the Webhook Secret channel configuration
Channel configuration is complete, you can now click Save