Botpress Cloud: Admin Dashboard
The misunderstood module holds information about the user messages that were misunderstood by the chatbot and it is available only for an activated bot.
How does it work?
The chatbot determines that it didn't understand the user in three ways:
- Big ambiguity between two or more intents with nearly the same confidence when matching what the user said
- When what the user said didn't match with any intent, a "none" intent is selected by the chatbot
- The user clicked the "thumbs down" emoji on an elected Q&A
By consulting the misunderstood module, you guarantee that your bot is continuously learning and growing. Once a user input is identified as misunderstood, you can either:
- Amend: You can amend your intent(s) or QnA(s) utterances with what was not understood, or
- Ignore: You can choose to ignore a statement, so it is not logged again as misunderstood.
Automatic Utterance Clustering
In order to make it easier for our builder (conversation designers, developers, etc.) we have added a new functionality in the misunderstood module, which is the automatic utterance clustering. When a builder click an utterance to take a decision about, the user statements are reordered to push all the matching/similar statements to the one the builder have chose.
So for example, below are the misunderstood statements:
We can see, food related statements are in the middle, when we select one of them, it is pushed up to the top along with other matching/similar statements.
- Amend: You can amend your intent(s) or QnA(s) utterances with what was not understood.
- Ignore: You can choose to ignore a statement, so it is not logged again as a misunderstood.
- Revert: And you can also Revert back to previous status.
The misunderstood messages split into 3 categories:
- Pending: Messages that must either be Ignored or Amended.
- Resolved: Messages that have been Amended.
- Ignored: Messages that have been Ignored.